Air Conditioning Repair & Service
During summers in Troy, Detroit, Warren, Madison Heights, and Royal Oak, you want to make sure your vehicle’s air conditioning is functioning properly so you always have an enjoyable drive. Your vehicle’s air conditioning system consists of three major parts, which all work together to move a liquid called refrigerant through a high pressure/low pressure closed loop system:
- The compressor: This is where the low-pressure refrigerant gas is compressed into a gas at a high temperature, high pressure gas before it is pumped to the condenser.
- The condenser: The condenser dissipates heat as well as cools the high pressure refrigerant gas so it forms a high pressure liquid.
- The receiver: Before the refrigerant can cycle back through the system, any water that may have been created in the process needs to be removed. This is achieved by a component known as a receiver or dryer. Once the water is removed, the refrigerant can start the cycle all over again.
How do I know if my vehicle needs a heating & air conditioning service?
Whether you own a Toyota, Honda, Ford, or Hyundai, there are universal indicators that there is a problem with your car’s air conditioning and you will need to come in for an air conditioning evac/recharge service. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- The air isn’t cooling.
If your condenser is broken, there is a low level of refrigerant, or the compressor has a broken or damaged belt, your air conditioning will lose its cooling properties.
- You hear strange noises when your air conditioning is on.
Noise typically comes from a worn out compressor, but some other common causes can be a cross-contaminated refrigerant or the use of the wrong lubricant.
- It seems moist inside your vehicle.
The common cause for moist air inside your car is usually moisture or debris trapped inside your air conditioning system.
- The air from your air conditioning smells.
If you haven’t used your air conditioning in a while, bacteria and fungus can settle into the system, creating a foul smell.
- Something is leaking from your air conditioning.
Leaking refrigerant is dangerous and this issue should be addressed as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to keep your car cool in hot weather in Troy, MI without the air conditioning:
- Use a sunshade or window visor.
- Park in a shady area.
- Purchase a solar-powered fan.
- Keep windows slightly cracked.
- Throw blankets over your seats.
- Use a dash cover.
- Keep your precious possessions away from the sun.
- Cover your steering wheel with a towel.
- Park in a garage when possible.
It is imperative to get your air conditioning repaired, especially in hot Oakland County summers. We at Troy Auto Care can help.
Your Local award-winning local Auto Repair Shop for Air Conditioning Repair
We at Troy Auto Care in Troy have been fixing cars since 1958 and our owner Donnie Hudson team of expertly trained and ASE certified technicians have decades of combined experience and are experts in all things auto repair. Specializing in oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups and more, we will do a comprehensive inspection of your car to determine if you need additional services, such as scheduled maintenance.
Why should you choose Troy Auto Care:
- Locally owned and operated since 1958
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- We have a review score of 5 based on reviews from hundreds of satisfied customers.
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
If you are in the 48083 area or nearby, feel free to schedule an appointment with Troy Auto Care today! We serve residents of Troy, Detroit, Warren, Madison Heights, Royal Oak, and beyond. Troy Auto Care – For quality auto repair and friendly customer service, look no further than Troy Auto Care.